Valdez Heli-Ski Operators
- 907 Snowcat
- Guided backcountry snowboarding and skiing on East peak near the Valdez Glacier and Hogback mountain.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (907) 783-3243
- Alaska Backcountry Adventures
- The people of ALASKA BACKCOUNTRY ADVENTURES were the first to realize the incredible skiing potential of the Chugach Mountains in the Thompson Pass area near Valdez, Alaska and to make that skiing available to everyone at a reasonable price. Heli-Skiing/Snow-boarding
E-Mail: email@example.com Phone: (907) 283-9354 or 1-888-283-9354 (out of state), or (907) 835-5608
- Heliskiing in Alaska with Kim Reichhelm
- Enjoy Alaska Heli Skiing at its finest. Let Ski with Kim open your eyes to 360 degree views, ski in deep powder, indulge in fine dinning and rest up in excellent accommodations. Kim guides 'Heli-Ski camps' all over the world and at least once a season up here in Alaska, mostly in the Chugach West with Chugach Powder Guides of Girdword.
- World Extreme Skiing Championships
- (no longer in operation)The world's best extreme skiers will gather once again in Valdez, Alaska, for the World Extreme Skiing Championships (WESC). This annual event is held in the spectacular Chugach Mountain Range that encircles the Alaskan port of Valdez. Competitors are judged by a celebrity judging panel in much the same manner as figure skaters or gymnasts are judged. Categories for degree of difficulty, style, execution and grace are utilized, in addition to the novel extreme skiing quantification of boldness and control.
- Tailgate Alaska
- Tailgate is now the organizing factor for the mayhem happening annually at the Thompson Pass Airstrip parking lot. RVs and Snowcaves housing the skiers and snowboarders who refuse to let the season end. It is a true experience - for the bankrolled heli-skier to the miniumalist backcountry hiker. Everyone appreciates the power and draw of the Chagach spring time. Check out this excellent http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6355778
- Alaska Rendezvous Lodge
- (ARL) invites you to explore the spirit of the "great land" in the Chugach Range of Alaska. Chugach is defined by native culture as "the mountains of the people". Let our experienced heli-ski guides lead you beyond your personal horizons to "the mountains of the people"
info@ARLinc.com Phone: 1-888-634-0721
- Black Ops Valdez
- Offering mechanized ski and snowboard access; and Snowmobile and Snowcat Tours in the eastern Chugach Mountains surrounding Valdez Alaska and Thompson Pass. 907-831-2339 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valdez Heli-Camps
- <Closed for the 2012 Season> Alaska has no parallel and above the 60th Parallel the powder is without limit or measure. Valdez, Alaska home of the World Extreme Skiing and King/Queen of the Hill Snowboarding Championship has gained a reputation for its breathtaking vistas and hair raising descents. Now you too can access this new frontier in skiing. VALDEZ HELI-CAMPS INC. will take you on a trip through this unique terrain and show you what it is to ski and snowboard the last frontier.
Email: email@example.com Phone: (907) 783-3243
- Valdez Heli-Ski Guides
- Valdez Heli-Ski Guides was founded in 1993 by World Extreme Ski Champions (WESC) Doug and Emily Coombs. Valdez’s Chugach Mountains offer you the perfect combination of steep, ride-able terrain, abundant powder, and clear weather cycles. Thanks to the pioneering efforts of founder Doug Coombs, VHSG is able to guide you safely in this, the world’s most adventurous winter-sports playground. Operating out of the Tsaina Lodge. Valdez Heli-Ski Guides. Phone - 907.835.4528
- Valdez H20 Heli-Adventures
- Valdez, Alaska's premiere heli skiing, helicopter skiing, guiding, wilderness outdoor education and production service. Providing the highest level of remote mechanized skiing and snowboarding. - 1-800-578-HELI (4354)
View Ski Valdez, Alaska in a larger map
The Valdez Heli Ski Experience:
"My breathing is irregular. My heart beats in a rapid staccato. My vision blurs as my goggles fog over, and I have not even stepped out of the helicopter. ... and I wonder why I have allowed my hobby to take me to this dangerous place."
Ice Climbing, Snowkiting, snowmachining and Avalanche Safety
- Valdez Ice Climbing Festival
- Each year the waterfalls around Valdez freeze into world class Ice Climbing routes. I've heard there are more ice climbing routes in Valdez, Alaska than all of the carribean combined. But seriously, there are a ton of routes. Check out more information at the Valdez Ice Climbing page.
- The Valdez Kiteboarding and Snowkiting Association
- The Valdez Kiteboarding and Snowkiting Association specializes in custom kiteboarding adventures in Prince William Sound, Alaska from May to October, and glacier snowkite adventures and safaris in the world famous Thompson Pass and Chugach Mountain Range. We are committed to preserving the kite beaches and launch spots around Valdez, and to promoting the sports of kiteboarding and snowkiting responsibly and safely
- Alaska Kite Adventures
- Expert kiteboarding guides operating in the mighty Chugach.
- Valdez Snowmachine Club
- Family winter recreation in Valdez Alaska with an emphasis on safety. Features an event calendar and photo gallery of snowmachine and snowmobile activities.
- Alaska Sled-Skiing "We haul ass in Thompson Pass"
Hooking Bros, Pros and Joes up with snowmachine-sled rides, snowcat powder skiing, ski plane trips and ski touring since 1994 Phone: 907-255-8887
- The Alaska Avalanche Information Center
- strives to increase public awareness and safety through avalanche education, research, and the networking of avalanche professionals. Site provides avalanche bulletins and reports
- Tailgate Alaska World Freeride Festival
- King of the Hill snowboard competition World Extreme Skiing Comp. Aw, hell. Just call it what it is - A giant snow parking lot, tailgate party on Thompson Pass Alaska. "Access the goods" is the phrase they use to describe jumping into the mountain backcountry where the unspeakably epic and legendary happens. Each Spring the same thing happens regardless of names. For the faithful, it's mecca. For the meditative, it's enlightenment. For the big mountain backcountry snow maniac, it's Thompson Pass, Alaska.
- CHUGACH MOUNTAIN RECREATION CENTER
- Chugach Mountain Recreation Center will provide a year round, 4,700 vertical foot chair lift in Valdez, Alaska with over 5,500 acres of terrain (20% beginner, 50% intermediate and 30% expert), with our outstanding customer service catering to each individual customer's needs and skill levels.