Traveler's Guide to Whittier, Alaska
Festivals and events happen all over Alaska. Check these out in and around Whittier.
- Girdword Forest Fair
- The Girdwood Forest Fair is a family fair that has become an annual event in the resort town of Girdwood, Alaska located 36 miles south of Anchorage and just through the tunnel and up the turnagain arm from Whittier.
- Seward Fourth of July
- Seward is another great place to celebrate the Fourth of July. Yep, Alaskans love independence day ever since statehood in 1959 - the 49th state!
- Prince William Sound Cabins
- Whittier is great, the Prince William Sound is the real show. So much to see and do for the nature lover. In my opinion, the best way to see it - no experience it - is in the forest service cabins. Check 'em out.
- Whittier City Info
- The State of Alaska City Info Database which includes all sorts of interesting info about Whittier.