Traveler’s Guide to Anchorage, Alaska
If staying in downtown Anchorage, expect all the comforts of home. Hotels, B&Bs, and hostels can all be found convenient to restaurants, shopping, and attractions. If downtown convenience isn’t something you want to pay for, keep in mind that midtown and other neighborhoods offer very comfortable lodging with the bonus of feeling less crowded and “touristy”.
- Alaska Backpackers Inn
- Located near downtown, the Alaska Backpackers Inn and Hostel is a comfortable and very affordable way to stay in Anchorage.
327 Eagle Street, (907)277-2770
- Anchorage International Hostel Downtown
- Situated in the heart of downtown, the Anchorage International Hostel Downtown is just blocks away from dozens of restaurants and Ship Creek.
700 H Street, (907)276-3635
- Arctic Adventure Hostel
- Surrounded by parks in central Anchorage the Arctic Adventure Hostel was once featured on the Travel Channel.
337 W. 33rd Avenue, (907) 562-5700 or (888)886-9332
- Spenard Hostel International
- Just blocks from Lake Spenard, the Spenard Hostel International is convenient to the airport and a short distance from Earthquake Park.
2845 W. 42nd Place, (907)248-5036
- Puffin Inn of Anchorage
- Located in Midtown, the Puffin Inn Hotel of Anchorage has put together several tailor-made packages for its guests. These range from the Anchorage Romance package to the Alaska Fishing package, and even a Pet Friendly package.
4400 Spenard Rd, (907)243-4044
- Earth Bed & Breakfast
- An excellent alternative to hotels and hostels, Earth Bed & Breakfast offers guests a quiet place to stay in Anchorage. Starting in 2011 they are offering complimentary airport and rail yard shuttle service.
1001 W. 12th Avenue, (907)279-9907
- Comfort Inn
- The Comfort Inn at Ship Creek is located in downtown Anchorage. It is just a few blocks from the heart of downtown, is convenient to the rail yard and to historic Ship Creek.
111 W. Ship Creek Avenue, (907)277-6887
- Motel 6 Anchorage
- Motel 6 in Midtown Anchorage is very convenient to the airport, the Anchorage History Museum and the Anchorage Zoo.
5000 A Street (907)677-8000
- Captain Cook
- This luxury hotel is located downtown and affords visitors the opportunity to enjoy the rugged hinterlands of Anchorage by day, and elegant comfort and stunning views by night.
939 W. 5th Ave, (907)276-6000
- Hilton Anchorage
- Another posh way to stay in Anchorage, the Hilton is a block away from the Alaska Railroad Depot and the Anchorage Market and Festival, which is open on weekends.